What You Need To Know
Frequently Asked Question's & General Guidelines
Whether this is your first time renting a private home, or you are a savvy traveler that realizes a vacation rental is the economical, convenient and smart way to go, you can have peace of mind that our professional vacation rental company will strive to make your experience "worry-free!"
1. How do I make a reservation? - You can either book online which is fast, easy & secure or give us a call at 1-800-251-8042. A 50% deposit due at the time of reservation. Once we receive a reservation request we will confirm it with the property owner and e-mail a reservation confirmation using Docusign. Docusign is an online signature program to sign your rental agreement and any other applicable paperwork. The remaining 50% is due 30 days prior to arrival which we will automatically charge to the credit card number on file unless alternate payment arrangements have been made. Also at 30 days prior to your arrival date, we will e-mail you a final confirmation which includes directions to our office and check-in information.
2. What if I need to cancel my reservation? - Cancellation notice must be given at least 90 days prior to your arrival date in order to receive monies that were paid in advance, less a $100 cancellation fee. From 90 to 31 days prior to your arrival the 50% deposit is non-refundable. From 30 days prior to your arrival the full payment is non-refundable. The cancellation policy is the same for winter/snowmobile reservations, however if there is little to no snow, then we may issue the renter a "rain check". This "rain check" can be used to rebook a later date at the same property but only until the end of that current winter season and a request for a "rain check" must be given 72 hours prior to arrival date to avoid any additional fee's. Northwoods Camp Rentals reserves the right to cancel any reservation made under false pretenses.
3. Check-in & Check-out - During the prime season summer months, most rentals are on a full week rental schedule with the check-in and check-out day being Saturday. Check-in on Saturday is from 4-6 pm. However some properties are on a Friday-Friday or Monday-Monday schedule too (on weekdays check-in is from 2-4 pm). If you arrive after the office is closed there is an after-hours pick-up box beside the office door. Check-out is by 10AM on the day of departure. Upon check-out we ask that you return your key to the office & dispose of your trash in the dumpster at the office driveway (there is a separate bin for recycling & returnables). If the property you are renting is in an outlying area such as Rockwood or Monson then we will give you directions to those local transfer stations to dispose of your trash. Also please remember to take care of and respect the property as if it were your own, and leave it in a "broom clean" condition.
4. Occupancy Standards - Rental properties have maximum occupancy limits as specified on the property webpage and in the rental agreement, which must be strictly adhered to. Any violation of these standards will be grounds for eviction without refund.
5. Are there any other fees? The base rental rate for each property is listed on the individual property page. In addition to this an 11% cleaning fee and 9% Maine Lodging Tax applies to each reservation. If you are traveling with pets there is a $95 pet fee. On most properties there is also the Accidental Damage Coverage for $49 (details below on #12), or on a handful of the high-end properties there is an additional security deposit. Additional options that you can add on to your reservation include linen rentals, canoe and kayak rentals, and a motorboat rental.
6.Just Ask — If you ever have a question about our beautiful Moosehead Lake Region during your vacation planning, just give us a call toll-free! On top of that, we do give you information on the area at check-in, as well as having Vacation Guides and Hiking/Fishing info available.
7. Do you accept pets? - Yes & No! About half of our cabins accept pets and the other half do not. If pets are allowed it will be noted on the property webpage. Below is a copy of our pet policy, which will be included in your reservation confirmation e-mail for you to sign and return no later than 30 days prior to arrival. A non-refundable pet fee of $95 is required. If there are pets discovered in or around a rental unit that does not accept pets, renters may be asked to vacate the rental unit immediately with all monies forfeited.
Example of pet policy:
a. Always clean up after your pet(s), vacuum up pet hair and remove all evidence from the yard before checking out. Pets are not allowed on the beds or furniture. If additional cleaning services are needed after your stay due to your pet(s), a fee will be assessed.
b. Do not leave your pet(s) unattended at the rental unit. If outside, pet(s) must be on a leash or under strict verbal control. Pet(s) must not be nuisance barkers.
c. You agree that you will be financially responsible for damages caused by your pet(s).
d. Your pet(s) is/are of a friendly, docile nature and do not have a history of biting.
e. With this form, you MUST submit proof that your pet is currently and will be on a flea-prevention program such as Frontline and that all shots are up-to-date prior to your arrival. This could be in the form of a letter or note from your veterinarian’s office (or store receipts for products such as Frontline are acceptable).
8. Telephones - If the owner supplies a telephone at the rental unit, it is for local or toll-free calls only. The renter must use a calling card for toll calls. If renter makes long-distance calls, it is the renter's responsibility to pay for all toll calls made during their stay, as well as a $50 service fee.
9. What about linens? - Depending on the rental unit, sheets and towels may be provided. If these are provided, it will be listed on the individual property page under “other amenities.” However, most of the vacation rentals only provide pillows/blankets, and you may either bring your own sheets & towels, or add sheet and towel rentals on to your reservation.
10. Packing List - This is a general list provided for your convenience….
a) We do have a welcome bag that is a starter kit with items like toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, hand soap, dish soap, dishwasher detergent & laundry detergent in the rental unit to get you started for the week.
b) We do not stock the rental properties with other items like aluminum foil, salt & pepper, paper plates, etc.
c) Oftentimes items like this will be there that were left behind from other renters or the owners.
11. Is smoking allowed? NO SMOKING AND/OR FIREWORKS are allowed in any property or it's premises. If evidence of smoking is found, it will result in a cleaning fee/penalty.
12. Accidental Damage Coverage: Oops accidents happen! And we want you to feel as comfortable in your vacation rental as you would in your own home. Which is why we charge a non-refundable $49 Accidental Damage Coverage fee. So when an “oops” happens, you don’t need to worry about it because we got you covered up to $750. Just contact us and we will take care of any repairs/replacements hassle-free, just like vacation should be.